The Best Pad Thai Recipe | Raw Vegan Recipes
Enjoy the best simple Raw Vegan Pad Thai Recipe as served at the 2019 Woodstock Fruit Festival!
This raw vegan pad thai was a favourite of many at the 2019 festival and one I have wanted to share for quite a while, but, because one of the ingredients is expensive and hard to find for many people I wanted to adapt it so more people can enjoy it! After some experimentation and time I found a great way to make the recipe without the expensive ingredient and I must say it is a even healthier version IMHO. That said I will share both versions in the recipe below as well as in the recipe video above!
Speaking of the Woodstock Fruit Festival,
Get $100 off the 10th anniversary Woodstock Fruit Festival August 16th – 23rd 2020 with my code “banana” if it’s your first time going to the festival!
If you have already been to Woodstock, you know what’s up, come back for the 10th anniversary celebration!
Before we get into the recipe I want to share something that I know can Radically Change your Life for the Better!!
Unveiling the Raw Vegan Lifestyle Success System!
If your Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired and are looking for a better way,
If you know the benefits of a well planned raw food lifestyle but do not know where to start,
If your a athlete looking to increase your recovery, performance and longevity,
or if you have a chronic condition and want to reverse it, or simply create a true sense of Health Assurance,
then the Raw Vegan Lifestyle Success System is for you!!
If you want to make 2020 your best yet, if you want to feel better, look better and enjoy more energy, better digestion and higher levels of health and fitness then now is the time!
I believe in this system so much that I am offering a full 90 day No Risk Guarantee,
Speaking of limited time and limited spots, there is 4 spots left on my next
Raw Food n Yoga Surf Adventure retreat in Costa Rica this Feb 28th – March 7th!
This is a truly holistic experience diving into breath work, raw food nutritional science / culinary skills, emotional poise, fitness, yoga, barefoot walking, surfing, hiking, nature, all you can eat amazing local organic tropical fruit, both simple and gourmet low fat raw vegan cuisine, emotional support, energy work, flying trapeze, beach time and so much more!
If you’re looking for a winter getaway that will also take your health and fitness education to the next level, all while having a delicious blast…
This Retreat is for you!
and reach out directly at [email protected] if you have any questions!
Now that we have got all the shameless, Shameeeelesssssnesss out of the way
let’s get into the 2 ways to make the Best Raw Vegan Pad Thai Recipe!
As a aside I noticed that I accidently left the red cabbage out of the recipe in the video! Adding it, especially if you freeze and thaw it first, is a Game Changer and adds a Ton of flavour, texture and color!
I Highly Recommend it, Now to the Recipe!
The Best Raw Vegan Pad Thai
Zucchini (.7 lb / 320 g)
Napa cabbage (.3 lb / 130 g)
Bok choy (.12 lb / 60 g)
Red pepper (.06 lb / 30 g)
Red cabbage (.06 lb / 30 g)
Carrots (.06 lb / 30 g)
Water or Young Coconut (water) (1 cup)
Hemp Seeds (1/4 cup), or Young Coconut (jelly) (.5 cup)
Medjool dates, 4 (.24 lb / 110 g)
*Tamarind 1/4 cup (.04 lb / 20 g)
Thumb Fresh Ginger (.04 lb / 20 g)
2 Green onion (.04 lb / 20 g)
Sundried tomato 1/4 cup (.04 lb / 20 g)
Cilantro fresh (.04 lb / 20 g)
1 Clove Garlic, 1 hot pepper
1. Using a julienne peeler, spiralizer, grater or mandoline. make noodles out of the the zucchini and carrots and place into a bowl. My Favourite tool for the flat thin pad thai like noodles in this recipe is the Titan Julienne Peeler.
2. Using a sharp knife thinly slice the nappa cabbage, bok choy, and red cabbage into thin noodle like strands, add to the bowl
Optional: pre cut and noodle the red cabbage and carrots, then freeze for 6+ hours before hand, and then thaw and mix with the other noodles for a softer more cooked texture. This will take the dish to the next level texture wise and really mixes nice with the other raw textures.
3. Thinly slice the red pepper into 1 inch matchsticks and add to the bowl, mix all ingredients well and set aside.
4. At woodstock we used young thai coconuts, blending the 1 cup coconut water with the 1/2 cup soft jelly until smooth, the other option is to blend 1 cup of water, or coconut water, with 1/4 cup hulled hemp seeds. Either way this becomes the base of the pad thai sauce.
5. Pit and add the dates, tamarind (making sure there are no seeds), ginger, the white bulbs of the green onions and the sun dried tomatoes to the blender. * if you can not find sour tamarind (it usually comes in a block) then you can substitute for 13 grams apricot and 1 tsp lime juice.
6. Blend until smooth and really thick only adding more water / coconut water if absolutely necessary.
7. Add the green onion tops and the cilantro last, pulse blend to evenly mix without fully pureeing.
8. Pour the thick sauce over the shredded veggie noodles, mix well and enjoy! 🙂
I hope you LOVE this recipe, if so do share this page with a loved one!
If you post any pics on social media please tag me in them too! 🙂
As promised I am inserting some affiliate links for my favourite tools that I used for making this dish and raw vegan noodles!
To learn more about vacuum blending and see the Flexzion pitted up against the tried and true Vitamix Blender..
Watch the battle review, Vitamix vs Flexzion Vacuum Blender!
I hope you really enjoyed the Raw Vegan Pad Thai recipe, do try it and let me know!
Hope to see you inside the
and / or